AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NAT approved tracked skid steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/26/2021 06:00 (#8973411 - in reply to #8973277)
Subject: RE: NAT approved tracked skid steer

central - east central Minnesota -

twraska - 4/25/2021 22:56 Looking at a new skid steer for general utility work around farm and as a backup for our forklift. We’ve never had one only I only have very limited experience with them. It will eventually be used on a mulching head or heavy duty rotary brush/tree cutter, so a forestry package is a must. I’ve talked to Kubota, Cat, Bobcat and Deere salesmen. Of course, each one’s machine is best. So far, best price is Deere from my Ag dealer but I don’t want to cheap out and regret it for years. So,,, here are my questions.... Which has best shielding in their forestry package? Will any work a mulching head without auxiliary coolers? Which has best load capacity with forks on? Easiest to work on/clean coolers? Ease of entry? Comfortable cab? Other things to consider? Other brands to consider? Is there such a thing as a good used one? They seem to be drinking waayyyy too much for the hours/condition. Thanks Tim 

For Forestry work - NOTHING beats a ASV. I would suggest a demo of their machines. Hands down - not one of the manufactures you mentioned can hold a match to the ASV. Some will say the under carriage of the ASV's are troublesome - they are no more troublesome then any of the others and actually easier to maintain and repair then the others styles. If ASV is out, then I'd consider the Cat - simply due to service and parts availability. Report back with what you get and pic's please.

ETS: take a look at youtube vid's of the ASV - forestry pkg or plain one that can work a mulching head.

Edited by iseedit 4/26/2021 06:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)