AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

False News from The New York Times??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JD714
Posted 4/26/2021 13:55 (#8974159 - in reply to #8973145)
Subject: RE: Supply is exceeding demand. Which is the goal.

Indiana
Case IH farmer - 4/25/2021 21:46

Mark (EC,IN) - 4/25/2021 08:51

You know, I'm on your side......I got both shots.

But this isn't going all rosy as you claim.

What happens when we hit a wall, say we get 60% vaccinated and the rest say no, I'm not taking the shot? What happens then?

I listen to Ohio radio, and I guess Dewine is thinking about following the Ky. Governors plan......instead of opening up using the number by new cases as a guide ...... he may just go by when a certain number of people have the shot ....... sort of blackmail I'd say.

They were also talking about (hypothetically on the radio...not government plan yet) paying folks to get the shot....asking how many would get a shot if paid.

What you are ignoring, is that younger folks aren't interested ........ I don't give a darn how many shots they are giving a day.

I also checked last week when my wife picked up some prescription at the local CVS about getting the shot there. Someone had posted how all CVS stores were all booked up. They said that they didn't want folks just walking in (making a special trip to the store) because they only had one person who gave the shot and he wasn't always there. When I asked if they had given a lot of shots, they didn't really answer, the lady just said "a few". She did tell me that if I needed one that their guy wasn't there then, (I'd never mentioned that I was just being nosey) but there were several walk-in clinics for anyone over 16 open.

I'm not saying anything is rosy. I'm just pointing out that there are still a lot being vaccinated in the United States which is a fact. Also saying no young people are wanting it is false. Is it as high a rate as older folks? Of course not, not even close. A good portion of my friends and family are all "younger" and many of them have received the vaccine.(college aged through 40s being what i consider younger) Also about half of my friends don't want it. Sadly it was politicized and the ones who don't want it in the younger age group of people I know are trump supporters. I wish he would have pushed the vaccine harder as he and his team made "warp speed" and he received the vaccine as well. The problem is he didn't push it and the entire covid debacle got politicized from the beginning. He is telling people to get it now but that ship has sailed a longgggg time ago with the covid hoax, chin diaper, can't make me wear a mask crew so it's futile what he is trying to tell people now. Just like when Ivanka got the shot and told people to get it. Their supporters ridiculed her and belittled her for it. Why????? We are living in bizzaro world that I didn't know could even exist.

Covid has killed more United States citizens in ONE YEAR than WW1, WW2, Afghanistan and Iraq wars COMBINED and the deaths get brushed aside like "oh it's not that many". Yeah it's not that many until its you or a loved one.

Whats going to happen when they run out of people who want it? It won't be long I'm sure. 27% of adults don't want it and the majority of that is the 50% of republicans who say they don't want it. Your guess is as good as mine on whats going to happen. We won't reach herd immunity due to the people who don't want the vaccine and that is their choice. I just hope the virus doesn't mutate enough to render the vaccines much less effective because it's going to continue to mutate and spread. Best case is we get as many people to take it as we can and the vaccines hold up well to the mutations. Also, Pfizer and Moderna are starting on the variant booster shots and thanks to mRNA technology and the new manufacturing they should be able to get things going quick. I know a good chunk of the country doesn't want it but I've had my shots and will get shots for variants if need be. I've talked to enough people with covid that I don't want it if a simple vaccine can protect me.

You do realize that over 95 million people died during WW1 and WW2 so far only maybe 2.5 million world wide that's according to John Hopkins. ed for spelling

Edited by JD714 4/26/2021 13:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)