AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/24/2021 19:05 (#8970861 - in reply to #8970636)
Subject: RE: Agleader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I only have experience with an Ag Leader using their Liquid Product Control module. That system makes all control decisions based on volume. Pressure transducer can be used to show pressure on the display but they are only for convenience and my system makes no reference to them I have never used them as I'm happy enough using old fashioned actual pressure gauges for reference.

Instead I usually enter a minimum Vol/Min which I wish the system to stay above. This is related to pressure because of the tip size. By setting an appropriate value for the low limit based on volume, I can force the system to stay above a certain pressure. The reason I would want to do this would be to prevent a poor pattern or tip check off at unusually low speeds necessary to clear obstacles, water ways etc. Normally the Vol/min is above the value and control is based on Gallons per acre.

To set this value I can use one of two approaches 1) Hit & Miss (Trial & Error). With this method I watch the Vol/min while spraying normally at the usual ground speed and target rate. I then purposely slow down. The Vol/min will decrease with ground speed. Continue slowing down until there is a problem with the pattern or tip check off. Choose a low limit somewhat above that value. 2) Mathematical approach. Use a tip chart and determine what the lowest pressure you are comfortable with. Observe the Vol/min for a single tip at that pressure from the chart. Multiply that value times the total number of tips that you are using. This value is the total Vol/Min for your sprayer with those tips at the pressure you have chosen. Use that value for the low limit.

In actual operation, the system will attempt to apply the selected target rate in terms of Gallons/acre but never drop below the low limit you have set. If this Vol/Min is unreasonably high the system will not appear to operate correctly in automatic. I use this feature with a sprayer and also with the spray system on my planter. I want the system to "snap on" when I start planting a pass. This means the applied rate may be high at first until my ground speed increases to the point where the automatic can take over.

I have no High Limit setting available. The system is self-limiting on the high end since the tips will prevent extremely high flow rates.

Edited by tedbear 4/25/2021 05:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)