AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 5525 MFWD Tractor---EZ Steer Bracket
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IH1486
Posted 5/5/2021 04:12 (#8988071 - in reply to #8969718)
Subject: RE: JD 5525 MFWD Tractor---EZ Steer Bracket

Minnesota
Just an FYI if anyone else ever is looking for this setup and does a search... the anti-rotation bracket needed CIH PN# 87298105 (JD 5X20 series). I believe I ended up mounting the bracket reverse from the instructions, bringing the motor mounting surface up further away from the main console at about the 2PM position. Doesn't seem to affect the factory tilt of the steering wheel. Telescope of the steering wheel is limited with the EZ motor installed but if you take the motor off, the bracket doesn't seem to affect that either. The T2 controller fits nicely directly below the operators seat. I drilled two 1/4" holes to secure the mounting plate (also made it easy to align the controller), having the connectors facing towards the rear of the tractor. Ran cabling under the seat bracket and looped them along the right side of the cab to display. Between install and calibrating I was in the field within about 2 hours; I need to fine tune some of the calibrations, but other than that I am very impressed with the performance for a (fairly) cheap steering system.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)