AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excess deaths in Europe vs USA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/23/2021 16:36 (#8969112)
Subject: Excess deaths in Europe vs USA

John Burns keeps putting up good info from Ivor Cummins about excess deaths in Europe.

I basically agree with John that we have severely over-reacted to COVID. I don’t believe much if any of what we have done in our reactions has made a difference.

That being said, I struggle to understand why excess deaths in various European countries are significantly less than in the USA.

It makes me wonder if my data is wrong but all I did was I downloaded the provisional weekly deaths from the CDC site and examined that data in Excel. Very easy to find the total deaths of each week by doing that. So that’s how I came up with the 2020 deaths. Here is the link if you want to download it and look at it yourself. When looking at it you have to realize that the last 8 or even 10 weeks of data is missing lots of deaths. Takes awhile for everything to trickle in.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm 

Anyway, I think the total 2020 deaths is something like 3.365M deaths.

The other years deaths are easily found with Google searches. “2019 total USA deaths”. That kind of a search.

So I fitted a line to the deaths from 2012 to 2019. You can see that the 2020 deaths are WAAAY over the line. Based on the line, expected deaths for 2020 without COVID would have been 2.915M or something like that.

So why is Ivor’s stuff so different from what CDC data in the USA is showing? When I look at Ivor’s methods, they seem decent to me. But I never see him do the same thing for the USA and it’s easy enough to find so I did it myself and it’s just way different. 

Edited by dpilot83 4/23/2021 19:51

(263D5C05-038D-4E6B-A8B3-5564ED16F85A (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 263D5C05-038D-4E6B-A8B3-5564ED16F85A (full).jpeg (30KB - 204 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)