AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starlink
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Steve NW WI
Posted 4/23/2021 12:28 (#8968870 - in reply to #8968610)
Subject: RE: Starlink

Star Prairie, WI
I've had mine for about 2 months now. When I first got it, I was getting a lot of "obstructed" downtime, an hour plus a day. I had planned to move the dish come spring to a better spot, but as more satellites have come online, I'm down to a few minutes a day, and that's probably all in <30 second spurts. I do still get beta downtime of around 30 minutes a day but often don't notice it unless I happen to be streaming something on TV at the time.

Speeds are pretty good usually, I'd say I average 70MB down/15up, which is way more than I need. Seems like when I get a slow test, switching servers on the other end of the test makes a big difference. I think there may be some providers trying to throttle the tests.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, and plan to add a camera/security system and a weather station to my network very soon Right now I have phone/laptop/desktop/tablet/2 TVs connected. Neither of these were really feasible with my previous internet which was using my 4g phone as a hotspot. (No internet at home when I and my phone left).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)