AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Total US deaths 2017 vs 2020
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/24/2021 09:13 (#8970108 - in reply to #8969294)
Subject: RE: Total US deaths 2017 vs 2020

No problem at all! That info was what I asked for and wanted to hear if I was wrong. Thanks for all of the various explanations you have provided. That explains a lot of the inconsistencies that we keep seeing reported.

I’m not sure exactly where I found that 2020 total death number but I know I was on a CDC site and it matches the 2019 death count so its likely my mistake and I got the wrong year without realizing it.

The significant difference between how CDC gathers and reports the information vs how the media presents our daily news is concerning. It sounds like it is as close to lying as they can possibly get. What concerns me the most is the possibility that this might have been done on purpose to leave us confused and fighting amongst ourselves. That gets political and I won’t go there in this thread.

If I’m understanding what you say correctly there likely have been spikes in counts, and probably public panic as well, due simply to large data dumps of older data. The death count likely happened in much more gentle waves than we were told. The death numbers are still concerning but when people see a sudden large jump in numbers people start pointing fingers because they assume it had to be all from whatever single large event occurred before the spike. The reality might be that any rise in death numbers from such an event might not have even been counted yet. I’m not implying that large events didn’t help spread the virus. I’m just saying that we can’t really trust the spikes the media presented to be tied to any particular event.

Does that make sense or am I still on the wrong track?

Edit to add: I haven’t downloaded and analyzed any data from the link you provided yet. I always use my phone these days and hardly ever sit in front of my computer where I can use a spreadsheet program.

Edited by havin’funfarming 4/24/2021 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)