AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Total US deaths 2017 vs 2020
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/23/2021 17:46 (#8969181 - in reply to #8968416)
Subject: RE: Total US deaths 2017 vs 2020

Holy cow.

I just finished reading this thread. I’m sorry guys, but the vast majority of you have a lot of opinions for not having looked at the data at all.

1. CDC does not give official death count for any given year until nearly a year after the year in question is over. This is not new for 2020. This is just the way it is.

2. The CDC provisional data is updated weekly. The last 8 to 10 weeks are subject to significant change. The time period prior to that is pretty stable. Download it in CSV format. Open it in your favorite spreadsheet program. Total the weekly deaths column for the date range your are interested in. Take into account that the last 8 to 10 weeks is way low. Then see what you learn. Here is the link to get started.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

3. The short version is nearly 3.37M people died in 2020 when 2.915M deaths would have been expected without COVID.

I still believe our over-reaction was insane and hurt more than it helped but please get your facts straight before you pretend to be on my side of the fence and make the people on my side of the fence look like fools.

Edited by dpilot83 4/23/2021 17:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)