AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Total US deaths 2017 vs 2020
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/23/2021 10:24 (#8968711 - in reply to #8968638)
Subject: RE: Total US deaths 2017 vs 2020

I’ll read the article you posted when I have more time. As I haven’t read it yet I’m not sure where your numbers came from but I’m not interested in some number that a third party calculated. I’m interested in the number of deaths that were officially registered with the government. As one other poster mentioned, we were told the daily COVID death numbers every day last year. Every other death is recorded also. Knowing the number of deaths is as simple as adding up the numbers. My home computer could easily add them up in one second and spit out the answer. Calculating these numbers isn’t complicated and they represent the absolute truth of the situation, good or bad. I want to know how much higher my risk of dying is during a pandemic vs normal times and the total death numbers would answer that.

As far as percentages of total deaths go I would hazard a guess that a 5 or 6 percent difference in death count from year to year is likely within the normal variance. Using percentages seems to be a common tactic used to make something sound worse than it is. For example, in this case this is a percent of an already small percent, but many people will think of it as an extra 6% chance of dying.

It will also be normal for some countries to have lower death rates on the same year as some have increases. These are all just guesses though, based on common sense.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)