AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop rates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Istumped
Posted 4/23/2021 08:03 (#8968476 - in reply to #8967810)
Subject: RE: Shop rates

ne il
SilverSeeder - 4/22/2021 08:54

Istumped - 4/22/2021 17:50

Local guy here just went out on his own the last 1-2 years ago. He is busy,and doing great. Granted he knows alot of people and has 20 yrs in already. Hourly rate is half of what dealer is at. $30-50 for service call to come out then his hourly rate kicks in plus $10 bucks an hour. I forget what he marks parts up at but it is fair. Might be 5-15% mark up I don't know. If you think you have the potential to turn it into a good business do it and don't look back. Also talk to vendors about caring filters(baldwin,fleetgard,Donaldson filters). Or anything for that matter. Do good work at a fair price and you will live high on the hog.

What is your definition of high on the hog? I will say if you have a off the farm job that you enjoy keep it and just do enough work on the side. The guys that go out on their own aren’t getting benefits, company match 401k, retirement, pto. If your farming and fixing keep it that way. If I were to attempt to go out on my own I’m not sure what I’d need to clear a year?

Zero to no debt. Repair shop is his main focus. That's all be does. He is good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)