AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fiber copper lines being installed locally.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/21/2021 21:16 (#8966034)
Subject: Fiber copper lines being installed locally.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
There has been a lot of road markings lately in our area where the telephone lines, rural water lines, electrical lines plus every culvert has lath sticks with writings on them. None of the neighbors I’ve asked knows what’s going on. Today there was a surveyor truck parked along the side of the road so I stopped and asked what’s all the markings for. The nice lady said Frontier is putting in fiber copper not fiber optic lines in on all the roads.

I asked why, everyone is dropping their land lines and going cellphone use only. They are planning on going in front of my house and hog confinement but I have no desire to hook up for phone service. Now if I can get internet service only then maybe I’d be interested.

I made the comment how in the world can Frontier afford to do this and all she said was the government is giving a lot of grant money towards this project.

She also said if you have them hook up to the line when they are in the area they will hook you up for free. If you wait until later you’ll have to pay for it yourself. I said well no one knows what’s going on why doesn’t Frontier send out letters saying what’s going on. She said they will once they get get all the lines installed first.

I didn’t understand exactly what she was saying but she emphasized this is not fiber optic but fiber copper lines being put in. She did make the comment that even though the fiber copper lines will be fast they will be more subject to issues down the road then if fiber optic lines were put in.

Anybody familiar with fiber copper lines, today was the first I’ve heard of the name.

Edited by IowaMark 4/21/2021 21:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)