AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-guide ---252 and Sitemate Communications
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2006 07:03 (#63984 - in reply to #63914)
Subject: RE: Ez-guide ---252 and Sitemate Communications

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with all the posts on this thread.

I use an EZ-Guide/EZ steer and use the GPS out to my Insight when it is in that tractor. This EZ-Guide has the built in GPS and GPS out is pretty straight forward with that combination. As has been stated, I don't believe the GPS out is an option when you are using an External GPS as your GPS source. This has possibly changed in V 4.0 but I'm not certain.

Your choice then would be limited to attaching another cable from Port B to your Sitemate equipment. Port B could and probably would be configured differently from Port A. This will mean running another cable from the outside world into your cab.

This cable would have a Deutsch connector on the Receiver end and a DB9 on the other end. Power for the GPS can come in on Port A or Port B. In your case the power is already on Port A so it would be unnecessary to have it available on Port B.

Concerning the Port C question - if you follow an earlier post below you can see a discussion relating to Port C. The most common situation appears to be when RTK is involved with Autopilot. Port A is the corrected GPS out going to the Autopilot. Port B gets used for the RTK in so it is not available for GPS out to another device. Port C is "created" by the wiring harness going to the physical Port B on the receiver and the RTK radio. This new Port C can be configured as needed for a connection to another device such as an iPaq running Sitemate etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)