AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it time ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 4/21/2021 07:20 (#8964587 - in reply to #8964530)
Subject: RE: Is it time ?

NEMO
ecmofarm - 4/21/2021 05:58

Pretty tall tale there. Here in Missouri it is foolish to sell a crop you haven't raised yet and even more foolish to sell one that hasn't even been planted yet. We seem to make good money and is much less risk to have grain bins and sell the crop once you have it. Come to think of it most of the successful farmers seem to do that here. I would love to compare the sales over the years of the guys that forword sell and the ones that sell on rallies by putting it in the bin unpriced. To me forward pricing is similar to DP in the fact that you are playing right into the buyers hands that they have it bought and don't ever have to bid up to get it.

+1

I was thinking the same thing about not being a good idea forward selling a crop in MO, or at least on the prairie soils that I farm.

Some stated lost $1.5 by storing 2019 into 2020. But look at storing 2020 into 2021, easily + $5 on beans and + $2 on corn.

I know that isn't the norm, but seems like we add $0.50 on beans just from Oct to Dec/Jan with basis improvement a lot of years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)