AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 4/21/2021 17:22 (#8965614 - in reply to #8953611)
Subject: RE: Ag software

Iowa
A simple cash basis spreadsheet would work well for a lot of people. Mine started out that way back in 2005, but now it has grown into something more complicated that would require a user manual like Quickbooks to operate. I like it better because it does a lot of things specific to my farm that Quickbooks and other accounting programs do not do.

If I was starting over and just wanted something very simple for cash accounting purposes, I'd probably use an Excel spreadsheet in table format. All of the cash disbursements would be in one table and all of the cash deposits would be in another table. The tables would track quantities as well as dollar amounts. They would use drop down menus to enter the vendors and accounts. The neat thing about the tables is they can be reconfigured to sort all of the transactions by date, vendor, check number, account, and profit centers if desired. Another section could keep a running totals of account balances, vendor balances, quantity totals, and cash balances. It would be simple to set up. Could probably do it in an hour or two. It would not take much more to do monthly budget tracking and a bunch of other stuff. It never ends. Pretty soon, it could become just as complex as what I am using now....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)