AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ringworm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 4/14/2021 06:51 (#8950449 - in reply to #8945868)
Subject: RE: Ringworm

NS Canada
Is it actually ring worm? sometimes a doc will mis diagnose it, and a dermatologist will get it right.

I thought I got it earlier this winter also, and wondered how that could be.. Have never had any sort of skin issue all my life and wasnt interacting closely with cattle with ringworm, although I do have some cattle with it at times... It started as a small red patch below my shoulder, but quickly spread under my arms. So I started whacking the cream to it, and it kept spreading, down my sides, across my stomach, on my back and thighs... Didn't look like typical ringworm to me, just these red scaley spots. I think I finally decided it was something called Pityriasis Rosea - but I didnt go to a doctor. I cut out the cream, gave it a couple of weeks and it all went away on its own.

I was washing clothing and bedding daily, and applying these tiny $15 dollar tubes of cream every other day (which is a lot of work added to a normal day).. And it just kept spreading. Once I stopped everything, just went back to normal life, shower daily.. etc And it went away on its own within 2 weeks I believe. I even thought it wasn't getting better at one point and put cream on it again since I had some left over, and that made it flare up again. From start to finish I think it was near 6 weeks.

Left me suspicious of what it was and where it came from though. Did you by chance use ivomec?

I found this pic on google, mine looked quite similar to this - some bigger angrier spots, and a lot of little red spots.

https://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/...

Edited by Supa Dexta 4/14/2021 06:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)