AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternatives to DJI?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 4/11/2021 13:15 (#8945807)
Subject: Alternatives to DJI?

Bremen, KS
Have not owned or used a UAV before so am new to this. DJI is the recognized leader, I guess, and looking for something that isn't too painful on the wallet the new Mini 2 caught my eye. I've been reading the manual and such and was set to buy but decided to try their app first and that is where the trouble begins. First off, their app is not in the Google Play Store so it must be downloaded from their site. Once the permissions are given to do that, after a large download, an error box appears that the app did not install. It turns out there is a rather short list of compatible phones and the two I have are not on it (they claim the devices need 64 bit CPUs which both of my phones apparently have)! Also, the company has gotten hammered in their forum about the issue by customers taken by surprise after an in-store purchase to the point they are no longer issuing replies. That doesn't bode well, so I think I'll avoid DJI no matter how nice and capable their hardware is.

So, who is second fiddle to DJI? Mostly, I'm looking for something simple at this point that can be used to do basic crop and cattle scouting and that won't kill me financially when it's crashed. Amazon shows a bewildering array of cheap ones, but most are probably no more than toys. The flight time and features of the DJI Mini 2 had me thinking of real scouting uses around the farm rather than just playing around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)