AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hearing aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/12/2021 10:27 (#8947334 - in reply to #8941916)
Subject: RE: hearing aids

Pittsburg, Kansas

I'm supposed to get some pretty soon now. Went to an audiologist figuring he would try to upsell me some very expensive ones. On the contrary, he told me he would get me state of the art behind the ear ones that my insurance would pay fully for (Medicare PPO plan). The plan does not pay all that much for each ear but will pay up to every two years. I was surprised at his attitude but greatly appreciated it. 

He said he would get me IPhone type even if I did not have an IPhone because all the technology is being directed towards that direction because of the popularity of the IPhone.

Been gone all winter and just now making the appointment to get them ordered and fitted. So hopefully it works out. I was already in the audio booth to check frequencies to see what I needed. Wished I would have got them last fall but we were leaving for the winter at the time and did not have the time to get them in and fitted properly.

So at least according to this one audiologist, a person does not have to spend a fortune to get a good pair of hearing aids. For what it is worth.

Edit: Just found out that insurance now requires me to use a different provider (because the Joplin provider is now out of our area) so we will see how the second screening and sales pitch goes. Insurance allows $1250 per ear. Will be interesting if I get the same story or if the new place will want to sell me a $5,000 set. At least I will have a second opinion! Why are things rarely simple???

Edited by John Burns 4/12/2021 10:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)