AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rain ands sales calls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 4/8/2021 12:17 (#8939858 - in reply to #8939726)
Subject: RE: Rain ands sales calls

nc ks
I totally get what you are saying. The rain out days are often a lot more complicated than the full bore outside days for exactly the same reasons you gave of putting certain stuff off until you have catch up days to do them. I don't think I take as much of offense to them calling on me, it is the insinuation that I was probably just loafing because it rained when actually I am more stressed out than ever due to multiple fires to put out. Their attitude is what burns me a little. I get all the reasons and pressures behind why they need to make sales calls, but they need to learn that they shouldn't lead with the 'since you are not doing anything anyway....' line. I have a small need to make sales calls and I always lead with an apology that I know they are busy and is this a good time or not? I also never just stop in uninvited. This is probably not effective for every customer, but I treat people the way I like to be treated and let the chips fall where they may. A simple text to me asking how things are going and is there anything they can help me with is golden in my books.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)