AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where does April top out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Burdick
Posted 4/8/2021 18:07 (#8940421 - in reply to #8940284)
Subject: RE: Where does April top out?

sullivan il.
Here we go again with the pickup my point was I got caught completely off guard last spring with the fewest cattle hedged I have ever had at one time. That was my fault for not sticking to my risk management plan but I was thinking we were heading higher after china signing the trade agreement little did I know 7 days later covid would show up in our country starting the decline. As far as the pickup lets end this here yes I trade every 3 years I make payments my truck is one of my most important pieces of equipment on the farm. In 2014 I was driving a truck with 200000 miles on it had a load of $450.00 a piece baby calves in the trailer double decked 80 hd the freaking emissions took a crap left me along side the interstate in the hot sun for 4 hours by the time got another truck there got calves home unloaded within 24 hours half had died and of the half that lived over half of them had serious health battles getting them going. Thats when I bought my first new pickup always thought I couldnt afford one but after that day I realized I couldnt afford not to have one. I trade by 80000 miles as far as king ranch I order the truck the last week of the manufacturing year by the time the truck is at the dealer it is nov. and all of the end of year discounts are on little known advice ford usually doesnt discount the XL or the XLT but the king ranch and platinum they will discount the heck out of king ranch ends up within $1000 or so of an XLT and holds its value way better at trade in time. I consider my pickup just as important as my feed trucks.

Edited by Burdick 4/8/2021 18:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)