AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Doing your own taxes or have an accountant?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jeff in ND
Posted 4/8/2021 16:02 (#8940240 - in reply to #8939397)
Subject: RE: Doing your own taxes or have an accountant?

RR Valley, ND; MN native
My first post on NAT...

I don't farm but grew up on one. Always, have done my own taxes except for 1 time when I moved and had income in 2 states one year. Too much $$ for what I got, IMO

A couple of years ago I started doing my elderly Mom's taxes. She and my late dad used the same accountant from when they farmed at least since the 80s. A few years ago, she got hit with failure to file fines from the state (Minnesota). To keep a long story short; I find out the accountant messed up efile for several years running. In addition to some questionable stuff on the returns, I went to visit his office to discuss; he was at lunch and I found the door open and piles of folk's paperwork setting on the floor and chairs and nobody around. Security????

I work a salary job in a Ag related industry and am single w/o dependents so my taxes are super simple. Mom's by far take more time as she has the farm land rent and other stuff. My folks were of a generation and educational level where there was more trust. I am more suspicious and want to double check everything....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)