AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Doing your own taxes or have an accountant?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SDfarmer44
Posted 4/8/2021 08:15 (#8939397)
Subject: Doing your own taxes or have an accountant?

Was reading a few older posts about doing your own taxes vs having an accountant., I have done my own for a few years now but they have been simple, this will be my first year renting land and adding a self employed or small business side of it. Seems like everyone who does their own has had some experience with helping or being an accountant. I had my personal taxes done by an accountant this year so I kind of know what to expect for next year. Seemed a little expensive for not taking a pile of receipts which is what will happen next year, For those that are married and have a couple w2s some 1099 and then rent some farm land what should I expect to pay an accountant? I didnt mind doing things before on turbo tax but im worried with the farm side of things the water will be a little muddy. As far as data/ receipt collection is there an online service that you can input receipts through the year and not have to do it all at the end? I have been using quicken, if I take quicken records to an accountant does that suffice for receipts or will I still need to take a stack of receipts? Any advice to keep stuff organized if I do go to an accountant to keep the bill minimized.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)