AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Put some relay beans in today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Frisky3208
Posted 4/9/2021 05:59 (#8941119 - in reply to #8940215)
Subject: RE: Put some relay beans in today

Heart of Ohio

illinois1 Thanks for the info, nice to know.
We discussed just lowering seed depth wheels on units above wheat strips. Have 30" strips on 60" centers and wanted to put two rows of beans evenly spaced between wheat. That required sliding some units so decided just to take others off while we were there, wouldn't want to do it if I was alone, but had help so, not that bad. Center section wouldn't allow that so, it's actually two rows in center on 7.5"s. I'm curious to see how different that makes the crop behave between the two configurations.
Fungicide, I've had limited success with those in the past and usually pass on applying. I'm considering a test strip though and may do the same with a PGR.
Chemicals, this field was PP last year and did RU and 24D late August, Vertical tilled and planted. Early November applied Husky at the upper rate, did well and was clean for the winter nap. Currently have some patches of Henbit and Deadnettle (very common here), clean otherwise for now, think I'd rest easier with your program out there. Plan is hooded sprayer with RU or Liberty over the beans when/if needed, weed control and it's options is my biggest concern right now.
 Pops, wheat was at 1.2 million just like we aim for mono crop. Beans, 140k to 160k was and usually is my goal on 15" beans, unfortunately I have some at 70k (I'll let you figure out why LOL) some at 100k and 120k, again we'll see.

I'd really be interested in your experiences and progress this year! Let's stay in touch, email should be good if you like. Stay safe and have a great planting season.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)