AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Continuous Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 4/8/2021 19:00 (#8940519 - in reply to #8939996)
Subject: RE: Continuous Soybeans

Red Paint - 4/8/2021 13:36

GOOSEPILOT - 4/8/2021 09:44

keving - 4/7/2021 20:33

What are "average" yields on continuous Soybeans?

That's what I was going to ask too. Lots of things you "can" do and "can get away with" but that may mean different things to different people. Yes I've seen guys do continuous beans and seem to get along fine. However, none of those guys are worried about high yields either (not that you have to be) Way more scn in this country than most realize even in "good" fields producing 60-70bu beans. The continuous beans are no worse for scn than corn bean rotated fields here. Some fields I sampled last fall that had not seen beans for 4 years still had 15000 egg counts. I would not be worried about beans on beans in most situations unless you know you have some major issue already.

There’s not much of an alternative when these fields are typically planted the last week of June or first week of July. Drainage pretty well dictates they are planted to beans regardless of other concerns.

I understand not being able to plant until june or later because it is wet, but how does one harvest beans in the fall on that type of ground?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)