AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drilled well and pitless adapter question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kipps
Posted 4/8/2021 16:29 (#8940279 - in reply to #8939641)
Subject: RE: Drilled well and pitless adapter question

Madison Co. Virginia
Here, we consider poly fittings better for underground. Even brass and copper experiences problems. Copper especially, has problems with some of our acidic well water.

I'll think I'll be going with straight poly in this case. We dug up some more of it today, and found that the steel pipe went about two feet, and then branched out into a five-way coupler stack. The whole thing was a mass of rust, so we cut it all out and replaced it with poly. We still need to tie it into the pitless adapter, but at least the water is back on again from a different well.

At the moment, the biggest question is whether that rusty steel pipe will unscrew from the pitless adapter. If not, the adapter will need to be swapped out.

I'm just realizing something. The well-casing side of the pitless adapter will be depending on a friction fit only to keep it attached to the removable part of the adapter while installing it. How do you guarantee that the two parts don't separate from each other while lowering it into the well and fishing it through the hole? If they separate, the one piece is lost down the well forever.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)