AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Ih GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 4/7/2021 23:43 (#8939081 - in reply to #8938817)
Subject: RE: Case Ih GPS

Tfg2330 - 4/7/2021 20:42 So that doesn't sound like WAAS would work for planting, but would be OK for tillage. What would make sense to upgrade to for planting?

"It depends" might not be the answer you are looking for, but...I planted with cellular-corrected RTK for quite a while.  Since about Christmas 2019, US Cellular data service has been abysmal around here and I made the decision last spring that instead of stopping to wait for corrections a hundred times I was simply going to plant with WAAS and get done.  With the exception of one field where we got rained out and I didn't get back till 4-5 days later and had a significant line shift, it turned out quite satisfactorily.  My row clutches still did a fine job, and doing post work spraying and sidedressing went just fine too with not much in the way of noticeable inaccuracies.  If you're not trying to do something like track exactly where a strip till bar made a previous pass several months earlier, I think WAAS has improved greatly since the time when we first started running autosteer. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)