AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windfield United out of Chemicals? China's fault? Is this true?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmerdock
Posted 4/7/2021 17:22 (#8938428)
Subject: Windfield United out of Chemicals? China's fault? Is this true?

North Carolina
Went to Southern States, southeastern NC, who Windfield United bought a couple of years ago. They left the name alone but generic stuff is now all Windfield stuff. I went to buy some more roundup and 24d to burn down my peanut land, grab some corn seed & some Bicep magnum. The warehouse is practically empty. Big warehouse that was used back in the day for tobacco auctions, big as a football field. They have NO Roundup, just old generic 3lb Bullseye drug out from somewhere, or any premix corn pre emergent herbicide. NO bicep magnum or Harness Xtra 5.6, NO dual (generic or brand name stuff).

They told me that that the ingredients these companies need to make roundup and other chemicals come from china and the production plants have not received them, so they can't make any. So basically what you see here is what you can get. And then it might be gone and not restocked because the chemicals have been on order since December and still no word on delivery date.

There is an 18 wheeler load of Xtendimax sitting there and telling me to get what I need now for later because there might not be anymore when this is gone. Bullseye 3lb was 16$ a gallon 2 weeks ago, 18$ a gallon today. Insane!

Are these guys jerking me around? Does anyone else see this happening in other parts of the country?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)