AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the best way to get P and K into notill ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

doathlon
Posted 4/8/2021 22:33 (#8940973 - in reply to #8940353)
Subject: RE: What is the best way to get P and K into notill ground?

Millhouse - 4/8/2021 17:17

doathlon - 4/8/2021 17:01

nebfarmer - 4/8/2021 06:35

doathlon - 4/7/2021 12:59 Broadcast it in March. That's what everyone in eastern Nebraska that practices no till has done for 30 years.

Not quite, I and a lot of my customers want to be as close to the combine as we can get. Definitely want it on in front of the NH3.  I grid sample every 4 years and am thinking about going to every 3.

I'm seeing less guys out it on in the fall or winter after 2019 around here. There is a lot of new data regarding delayed P application that's linked to increased kernal size and test weight. We see it on the farm and I think others do as well. It's certainly moving to a more spring time application where 10 years ago it was mainly done after harvest

What does spring time gain? I don’t know why kernel size and test weight would be affected by the timing. Id be more worried about soil conditions/compaction the closer to spring. I like it spread as close to right after harvest or by January.

There is available phosphate later in season in the upper layers of soil after the corn canopies in notill. The delayed mineralization allows for the plant to take up more P later in the season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)