AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wife wants to work 1 night a week bartending
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 4/8/2021 06:42 (#8939238 - in reply to #8937620)
Subject: RE: wife wants to work 1 night a week bartending

Thumb of Michigan
Couple of quick ramblings that may not exactly fit, but here goes anyway:

I'm not a golfer, never intrigued me much. But aren't there woman that golf also? In fact, a buddy of mine used to always go to his local golf course for a couple beers on Woman's Golf League day. It was I always thought a pretty innocent thing. He's single and js capable of finding companionship even when its not golfing season, so I guess it was just for entertainment.

Anyway, back to the topic. By the descriptions of a golf course bar by some, it sounds like a golf course bar is almost like working at a strip club in terms of customer behavior. I never figured any of the courses here had that reputation, must be missing something.

Secondly, and this comes from personal experience more than anything else. My wife and I do quite a few things together, but not everything. She has some interests and things she likes to do, and neither she nor I have any qualms about her going off and doing whatever it is she wants to do. She gives me the same latitude. I think we'd both end up resentful and unhappy if we didn't give each other lots of rope in that regard. We try not to let a little bit of innocent fun become a problem for the other spouse. But, we got there by talking. Lots.

If you have some concerns over some aspect of what she'd like to do, its going to be much better to have a conversation before she takes the job vs after the fact.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)