AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One of those days
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 4/7/2021 11:19 (#8937987 - in reply to #8937341)
Subject: RE: One of those days

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

IowaMark - 4/6/2021 23:17 We’re on the road going home today, left the hotel got about 30 miles from the hotel and my wife says “ you did get your pillow didn’t you”, **** got to have it it’s an expensive pillow not a my pillow. Turn around get it that killed an hour. Stop for lunch at a small family restaurant, go to the cashier and pay for the meal, guy gives me my receipt. Drive 4 hours down the road and stop to get gas, dang the CC I want to use is missing. Hmmm the last time I used it was at the restaurant, did I not get it back? Called the restaurant, yep the lady that answered said yes it was there, told her to shred it. I called the CC company, told them what happened and they canceled the CC and should get new one in 7-10 days. This is the first time I’ve ever forgot to get my CC back, I guarantee I won’t do that again. We got to our hotel an hour ago exhausted, checked in and went to find a place to eat everything closed but a 7-11 so get junk food there, yuk. I sure hope tomorrow goes better.

Some years ago we went to Tulare CA for the big World Ag show. Came home via I-80 from Sacramento or so. Middle of the night in Nevada, we couldn't find a place to stay. It ended up being about 2AM when we finally found a room. Next morning we grabbed an egg mcmuffin and coffee and headed on east. I determined that we didn't want to drive that late again, so was gonna call ahead for a room for that nite. Got out my trusty old Super 8 locations book and my phone, all ready to call. Oh, gonna need a credit card to book.....reached in the back of the pickup for my purse.  And reached.   And reached.   And reached.  Then I cussed a bit. We happened to be coming up on an exit, and when the hubs saw my face, he quietly looped around over the exit and headed back west. I 411'd the McD's where we'd been, and sure enough, some kind soul had retrieved my purse off the back of the chair where I'd left it and turned it in. We spent 6 hours that day traveling 2 hours across Nevada.  We didn't have SiriusXM at the time, and radio reception was really spotty......I told the hubs I did it on purpose so we could listen to all the Daytona 500 instead of it cutting out on us. He managed a small grin. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)