AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One of those days
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/7/2021 07:10 (#8937556 - in reply to #8937341)
Subject: me too

Pittsburg, Kansas

I did that one time quite a few years back. Now I have a check system to prevent that from happening. I call her Carolynn.

We just got home yesterday on my birthday.

If a person travels around Oklahoma City, better have a roll of quarters if you do not have pike pass. Make that two rolls if you are three or more axles. We came home with two vehicles since we bought one from a dealer near Phoenix. So the new one did not have a pike pass sticker yet. Had to go through toll booths, correct change only. Damn. Lucky I had a bunch of quarters left over from laundry/car wash. Made it to the last one and ran out. Had to run the red light, no other option. So I expect ODOT to mail me a ticket. Probably 50 bucks or something. I was just lucky I did not have to run more than one.

Pluss Carolynn speeding through the pike pass lane and me chucking quarters in the booth so trying to stay somewhat together. Running low on gas and do not want to exit and run yet another red light at a toll booth.

Numerous other minor stressors that I will not elaborate.

Ours also was not  a particularly pleasant day of driving. Everything great up to this last leg home.

Got home though in good shape and nothing was burned down or blown up, so all is well. All our corn is planted. Wheat looks good. Life is good.

Edited by John Burns 4/7/2021 07:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)