AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm service coops can’t get part time help to show up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 4/7/2021 08:03 (#8937663 - in reply to #8937026)
Subject: RE: Farm service coops can’t get part time help to show up

Amherst WI
I worked for an FS right out of college in the promise to eventually move into sales. I would do anything that was asked. Haul grain, spray, spread, deliver fuel, work on equipment, sweep corn bins, clean out the oat bin above the feed mill ect.

I didn’t mind the work but hated the work environment. The branch manager seemed clueless. It was very much a seniority environment, even if you knew more, did more or where a better operator.

They actually had a guy running a rotator for an entire season that thought a pint was 32oz, so everyone got a 2x rate of lumax that spring.

I never got close to sales other than making sure keep full fuel tanks were full.

They hired a couple temps to deliver that I think used all their brain power just to breathe.

After 18 months I was told I would be laid off in a month after grain harvest. I went to lunch that day and came back and gave them my keys and walked away. What a joke.

If you want good people pay and treat them well and they won’t have employee issues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)