Posted 4/5/2021 22:59 (#8935788 - in reply to #8935757) Subject: RE: Prevent plant if to dry?
We started seeding spring wheat today. Yes it is dry but it is only April 5th. Conditions say it is “go time”. On what we have done so far we have enough moisture to get the crop out of the ground. I am sticking to my usual rates as I know from past experience that most of the nutrients need to be in place at seeding time. If I cut my starter rate in half right now and it decides to snow or rain in the next two weeks I know their is no making up that lost potential. My N rate will also be unchanged, if it doesn’t rain and the crop looks subpar we won’t top dress, if by some miracle we get moisture we can then decide about additional N.