AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The end of our winter garden
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 4/5/2021 07:07 (#8934595 - in reply to #8934344)
Subject: RE: The end of our winter garden

East Central Arkansas

Yes. We have two of them. That's the older one with the hyd controls on the dash the other has the side console. They were both bought new by my dad and uncle who farmed together. They are the last new tractors to come to this farm and probably will be the last new ones as I don't ever see myself buying a brand new field tractor. They have been good tractors and I have put many a hour in on them since I took over the farm in 82 and before that when my dad was still farming. Even though they have been good tractors I don't have that love affair with 4020's some have. I know it's easy to second guess decisions others made before you but I really think the extra dollars for a diesel would have easily paid for itself quickly. I can say over the years I have learned a lot about keeping a old LP gas engine like that where it will crank and run.  From new up until 94 those tractors never new being under a shed and even after that spent the summers out pulling irrigation wells. I have no idea of the actual hours on them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)