AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mt. Dew habit.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jalopy
Posted 4/4/2021 07:55 (#8932993 - in reply to #8931248)
Subject: RE: Mt. Dew habit.

NC IA
What did it for me was the empty cans. All my vehicles used to be overflowing with empty cans, my shop scattered with cans- cans everywhere. Just can’t throw them away, worth a nickel ya know (that you already paid for.) so a year-and-a-half ago, one day I snapped and loaded all the cans up I could find, filled a ford excursion, squeezed my 3 kids in, and headed to Hy-Vee to feed the machines and turned them in. Get in their redemption room and signs all over saying maximum redemption credit $10 per day. I was pissed, but I can see their point, to keep people like me from bringing in a semi load all at once. So I stood there me and my kids and fed the machines for like 2 hours. Got just short of $100 in credit tickets, turned the $10 in I think rest expired. Again, pissed the whole time realizing I could be making $80bucks an hour wrenching, or hiking on a trail with my kids instead of fooling around in this stinking germ infested place.

That’s it, that cured me. I said never again, haven’t bought a can of pop since. A coffee or two in the morning and water the rest of the day. I feel a little better and a little less aches and pains, but for me a little is a lot.

Happy Easter!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)