AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UTV sprayer boom mount redo [pictures]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 4/4/2021 10:06 (#8933292 - in reply to #8932563)
Subject: RE: UTV sprayer boom mount redo [pictures]

East Central Arkansas

My pictures here don't show it real good but the boom to the left side has a extra folding extension on it.  Each spray tip has a on and off knob on it. I have to try and remember just exactly what I have been doing not looking at the boom. The extra extension is for a little extra reach spraying ditchbanks where I can't mow. I don't spray those areas with grass pre's but use products to control broadleafs. I have the boom to that side fixed so I can lock it in a upright position and but one of those boomless side spray tips in it for working around the field borders next to woods. I have this sprayer set up with a bypass pressure regulating valve and also a return line with a ball valve I open up when mixing a load. I have a tank drain valve in the bottom of tank for tank cleanout. The boom has the diaphragm check valve nozzle bodies with the on and off knobs replacing the regular diaphragm caps. I get those from Jensen Equipment. There are several different styles of those nozzle bodies available that can make changing a boom you already have over to the quick cap diaphragm style body. I made a post about a month ago about rebuilding the boom on our other sprayer. There is even one available that will fit in the old booms we used the old style 11/16 nozzle bodies in. It's a QJ39685-2 also available in left or right end nozzle body. The only thing it only comes in 1/2 hose size and I would prefer 3/8 on the small booms. The Chem-saver on/off for replacing the diaphragm caps is part 58140-NYB.  I have a switch console built that sits on the seat beside me with a boom switch and a pump switch. I would like to have multiple electric valves for controlling the boom in sections but you can really get a lot of money tied up in a small sprayer. I do believe this thing pays for itself around the farm though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)