AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

replacing lights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 3/15/2021 06:56 (#8894011 - in reply to #8893970)
Subject: RE: replacing lights

I recently used those type of lights in a bathroom and porch. Due to certain issues I also preferred to not fish in wire above the ceiling. Instead I grooved the gyprock ceiling about 3/8 deep with a skill saw and pressed the low voltage wire into the groove and plastered it in. I used some small staples to help hold the wires up before plastering in a few places at junctions where multiple wires met. It worked really well and with careful sanding it is almost impossible to tell it was done. I did have to cut and splice extra wire into the leads between the led driver and the light but now if I ever have to change them for some reason I can pull the light down, undo the connection, and simply put a new one in. All of the drivers are also in one central location in the wall and are accessible behind a mirror above the porch sink.

Having said that, I have thought about using them to replace the fluorescent fixtures in our living room but I think I would prefer to find nice looking ceiling mounted fixtures instead. If I am unable to though I would likely use those small led pot lights and do it the same way as the porch.

Edited by havin’funfarming 3/15/2021 06:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)