AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RONM and other lifetime Mechanics?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dirtpoor
Posted 3/13/2021 13:42 (#8890376)
Subject: RONM and other lifetime Mechanics?

Hazelton, Kansas 6.75 miles N of Crowbar
The Wix filter thread got me to thinking if i ever saw a filter cause a equipment failure. The closest I have seen was air filters on the 351M Ford engines. You could see the dirt trails coming from the pleats on the air horn. Delco had oil wetted filters at the time. They and the premium Wix were the only filters "Here" that would keep the dirt out. I have seen filters that exploded because of stuck bypasses, filter gaskets that were tricky to install correctly blow, and the OEM filter that was still on the machine 5 yrs after it was put in service but I never saw a oil filter related failure. Lots of failures but always caused by stupidity (whiskey, oil that was 50% oxidized, etc.). Fram oil filters used to have what I called rat's nest packed elements. Thought they were the bottom of the barrel but still never a failure that we attributed to the Fram filter. Soo did any of you guys see for yourselves a failure. I am always skeptical of "my brothers brother-in-laws friend works at....." stories. Dirt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)