AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

July Vacation Planning in Maine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 3/12/2021 03:45 (#8887426 - in reply to #8886980)
Subject: RE: July Vacation Planning in Maine

coast of Maine
Most here think the areas south of Portland are more like Massachusetts,Portland has a ton of coffee houses,also very high population of alternate lifestyles,area is growing fast.Freeport (shoot me is better than going there ) is shopping mecca.Downtown Lewiston is Somalia west. I would avoid.Very few bike trails but a lot of hiking trails,dont bike on any highways as shoulders are not adequate.Light houses searching will keep you busy,some neat sight at night on a mountain after dark and count how many you can see.No real public transit so a car is a must in 99% of Maine.Its a lot bigger than it looks on the map so you will need to decide,deep forests /moose /poor /scenic /quiet.The coast way down east is quiet also,,not on the south end of state.Pemaquid point is popular,for me winter ok,summer too many buses etc.Aroostook county for a place time forgot and a lot of agriculture.Its huge bigger than Massachusetts I think.Poorest county on the east coast is Washington county,Lots of poverty,Indian reservations,neat to visit though .Bangor /blahh..Augusta,,Blahhhh,.Mid coast is maybe nicest.Stop by our market, Beths,,let me know ahead and i will set you up for a great desert grown here..If covid rules ease a quick trip into Atlantic Canada is neat,some super nice shores and light houses way down near Eastport /Calais (kallisss),Campobello Island area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)