AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Life insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

timis
Posted 3/9/2021 09:41 (#8881695)
Subject: Life insurance

Iowa
Well time for the annual review. Life insurance agent keeps pushing to upgrade parts of our term policies to whole life. He does every year. I had always been taught that if you buy term till you’re retirement age you should be, debt free, have enough savings/retirement to live off of and put you in the ground. I know plans aren’t always what you make them to be, but when I look at the cost of going to whole like on 125k, it’s the almost as much as my 1/2 million term policy. Yes there is a benefit if you end up in the nursing home- but what is a 125k policy going to be worth in 2050? Maybe the equivalent of 20k today? He’s talking roughly $400/month for both the wife and I - if I put that in an ira it would be roughly 500k.

I’m 37, just thinking he’s trying to make us insurance poor - I have 2 term policies that would pay off the farmland debt and a hog building debt, which should leave wife about 250k extra and an income of 90k a year off the barn and farm rent. We have 4 kids, ages 15-4.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)