AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 6115D - considering purchasing one
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

R2farm
Posted 3/8/2021 13:39 (#8880219 - in reply to #8880009)
Subject: RE: Deere 6115D - considering purchasing one

sw Nebraska
I have a 6140D I bought new in 2012. It was still Tier 3. The 6115 will be quite a bit lighter than a 4430/40. My 6140 with an H 310 loader will pick up 2 round bales but the back end might not stay on the ground. I use it frequently but not very long at a time. Get between 100-200 hours a year. Minor loader work, plow snow in the yard and at the bins, 15 foot batwing, work wheel tracks run a 13 x 90 westfield swingaway. You have to plug the hydraulic motor for the swing away into a specific outlet and then select the proper setting on a valve by the remotes and it works fine. It is low to the ground if you are in and out of it all day. It pulls surprisingly well with singles and mfwd. The transmission is a little cumbersome, ABC stop to shift, 123 synchro with clutch. The shuttle works well. You get to where you can find the gears you want fairly quickly but certainly not a power shift. I got the air seat and 3 remotes, cab is fairly comfortable, the 2013 cabs are nicer but tier 4 I think, get some tranny and rear end whine in road gear. 18 mph top speed. It really doesn't feel like an old tractor but certainly not as nice as my 8360R or even my 8430 . f you are running it on a loader every day for extended periods or using it all day ever day you will want an upgrade to an M or an R. For my limited use it works great and was cheap compared to even used rode hard put up wet Ms and R's. The hydraulics are surprisingly fast for what it is. I guess If you decide to go that route I might try and find a 6140.D just for the hp Your mileage may vary.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/005/7/9/5798-john-deere-61...

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/0/9/96-john-deere-4440...

Edited by R2farm 3/8/2021 13:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)