AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Decontamination
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JimS
Posted 3/6/2021 11:17 (#8876134)
Subject: Decontamination

I have never worried too much about this before. I just pressure wash and occasionally use a mild soap on my trailers. However, I work with animal evacuation teams that evac animals during disasters and they are insisting on decontaminating using chlorine.

Other than the obvious issue of it being a lung irritant, I do not wish to destroy my wildland fire boots or my Nomex (Chlorine is the kiss of death for both.). I also have concern for what chlorine and other cleaners do to the metals of the trailer both steel and aluminum.

There is also the issue of porous materials like wood floors, not just what they may harbor but how detrimental chlorine and other cleaners are to wood.

What methods, materials, and cleaners do you use to do a thorough decontamination of a trailer and other equipment when you are concerned with communicable diseases? What are your concerns about damaging your clothing? How harmful is chlorine to equipment? What are your concerns about damaging your equipment and trailers with disinfectants? If you use these disinfectants, do you find it difficult to load animals in a disinfected trailer?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)