AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorry FarmerBart,.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/6/2021 06:23 (#8875573)
Subject: Sorry FarmerBart,.........

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to your post. Unbelievable, I didn't know of this until you posted it. However I was stuck in meetings yesterday with Forest Service, I was able to review some things on my phone during wait times and I was also sent this information from other person during the day. Just one more nail in the coffin of animal agriculture as most of us know it. Throw this (PAUSE) bill and a few other in place it will further tie your hands and drive your cost of business up. The great state of Kool-Aid is even doing a House Bill 21-1102 concerning requirement's of Pets stores for dogs and cats. How much money will have to be added to budgets for animal health inspectors for the state to enforce those rules?

I'm so glad in way I'm out of dairy at this time, in talking with my old milk processor this week, I was told of the new animal health programs that got shoved down their throats that will force dairy producers shipping to this processor to allow unannounced inspections of farms, records and also force weekly animal health meetings for employees and employers on farm just to be able to sell cheese into markets they created a few years back. These cheese markets where in the most liberal parts of the U.S., wow did that come back to bite them! It was an animal health program that started as very non-invasive at first I went though 5-6 years of it when milking, I thought sure no problem a few records and signatures. Well it morphed into this now, I feel for those producers.

Jim your worry's of low hanging fruits is a very valid problem! One that that every parent should be camping on school boards, governors offices not letting this rest. Utah's own new elect governor has already pissed off a very conservative crowd over this very matter in what I thought would have been one of the most conservatives states left in the union.

About all I can add is my thoughts that we as a people need to get back to core basics. They only way to do that in short order is to get you, your neighbors involved in and on the most local levels starting with school boards, then to county levels and onto your state levels of government. All you people sitting on the sidelines need to have your voices heard. As bad I hate to say it, this might be the time to start backing state and NCBA cattlemen's which I've felt have left us hanging on the marketing side of our industry. Do we need to jump back on board to help do a stop gap measure to try and fight this pure madness hitting animal agriculture? I would sure like to see JBS's response to this, I guess a phone call to the packer's poster child (Colin Woodall)is in order to see what their going to help push back on this crap.

I was able to take a few minutes and text a person who I value his thoughts and a great AgTalker friend yesterday before meetings, he stated a phase to me that really struck home to me. He was supporting the three G's which was God, guns, and grub! Like one poster made comment in my earlier post about history is doomed to repeat itself if we don't study what past society's have done to themselves. Folks the Colonial America times and the American Revolutionary War wasn't every long ago in the blip of time, however everyone alive today doesn't have memory of what went on. We might just be heading down the path of the Romans did, there is time to turn the train can we get it done? In looking at my own life I have two the three G's maybe covered in my life. Maybe I need to work a little harder on the God aspect of it. You know your wife's are usually right, mine has been trying for years to softly trying to bring me around to that. Maybe it's time I listen to her.

Well just waiting for daylight to check a few things around the ranch and heading out to fix water system that had a blow out on a cattle trough. I find a lot of peace just being able to work on water systems to provide water for man, livestock and wildlife in is desert country. At least I can see fast results of my work as it provides an essential need to God's creatures to sustain life. I'm just sure glad I can do it with a backhoe and not have to use a goon spoon for all of it.

(20210305_171944 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20210305_171944 (full).jpg (130KB - 1097 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)