AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When I need medical advise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 3/6/2021 08:36 (#8875834 - in reply to #8875764)
Subject: RE: When I need medical advise

I agree with you that people should seek doctors, not farmers, for advice for medical issues. I also believe though that it is also helpful to seek out any knowledge you can for yourself as well.

Doctors are busy people and you will only be one of many different health issues he will have to deal with that day. He simply doesn’t have time to constantly research all of the issues in depth. A patient generally has more time and the motivation to seek out the latest information related to their own issue. A doctor may have more in depth knowledge when a patient is confronting a new issue but if a person is interested in helping themselves he can spend a lot of time researching his own condition and can quite likely end up being more knowledgeable and up to date with that exact issue than his doctor is. That doesn’t make the patient a doctor, he doesn’t have the experience. But there is no reason he can not be as knowledgeable if not more so than his doctor.

Some doctors won’t like being challenged but a good doctor should be interested in any new information you can bring to him/her so that together you can forge ahead against the issue you face. A doctor that isn’t willing to learn anything new won’t be a top tier doctor for long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)