AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health Experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/5/2021 06:12 (#8873750 - in reply to #8873139)
Subject: RE: Health Experts

Chebanse, IL.....

Similar to the US Navy hospital ship situation, our health experts in IL decided early least year to convert the huge McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago into an emergency room for the soon-to-be millions of Covid stricken Illinois residents that were going to overwhelm hospitals. They had the Army Engineers head up the project. Chicago-elected Mayor joined in & said Illinois was going to be a winner with this facility. It was important that we listened to our experts. 

Illinois & US residents spent $81,000,000.00, that would be 81 million dollars on building the facility. There were ads in papers & other public media to hire nurses for staffing. Shifts were going to to be long. I believe 16 hr shifts. I think it was a 90 or 180 day contract. They were hired at over $100 per hour.

The McCormick emergency hospital has now been dismantled. I assume more costs involved with that, but who's even counting any longer.

They treated 29 patients.....yes TWENTY NINE. That would be a cost of $2,800,000 per patient!  The little-bitty hospital in Watseka IL probably treated more.

No Illinois hospitals were ever overwhelmed. In fact, many downstate smaller hospitals started hurting financially due to non-activity. But most importantly....we followed the experts and footed the bill for their expert doom & gloom forecasts.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/11/13/21562828/mccormick-place-covid-19-hospital-staffing-equipment-favorite-healthcare-alliance-health-vizient

https://news.wttw.com/2020/05/01/field-hospital-mccormick-place-will-close-after-treating-few-patients-curve-bends

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)