AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agitation Control via Ag Leader's Liquid Product Control Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/4/2021 00:23 (#8871579)
Subject: Agitation Pins on Ag Leader's Liquid Product Control Module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning the Liquid Product Control Module Auxiliary Port: Pin 2 is listed as Agitation Open and Pin 5 as Agitation Closed. What are the intended or possible uses for these pins? Has anyone ever used them?

One thought was that the pair could be used to control an Agitation Control Valve through an Ag Leader display but I've never seen any reference to that or any way to control the agitation through the display. .

Maybe it is the valve "maxed" indicator idea. By that I mean that the agitation valve has a switch that changes state when the valve is fully closed. Other valves might use an agitation valve that show changes state when the valve is fully open. Maybe some valves have a switch for valve fully open and another for valve fully closed.

If such a valve were used then the max switch or switches might be wired to Pin 2, Pin 5 or both. Then the display might flash a warning "Agitation Valve Fully Open" or "Agitation Valve Fully Closed? I don't know if such a valve even exists, I seem to recall that the KZ folks had indicator switches on some of their valves. This was an extra wire that could lead to an indicator light in the cab to confirm that the valve had in fact opened. Maybe this is an idea that really never got developed.

I remember that the hydraulic control valve as used on some RoGators had a "Valve Maxed" LED. When the light was ON, it told the operator that the control valve was fully open and couldn't provide any higher flow rate. In other words "Slow Down" to attain the desired target rate.

Edited by tedbear 3/4/2021 00:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)