AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milwaukee tools and shops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmnsew
Posted 3/3/2021 21:52 (#8871467 - in reply to #8871034)
Subject: RE: Milwaukee tools and shops

N E Iowa
I am sorry that you have to go through this. My brother in law had his shop burn a year ago. He had business insurance and household insurance separate. He had a lot of stuff that was personal in the shop. They painstakingly cataloged everything and categorized it as personal or business during the cleanup. His household paid more than his business insurance because He was under insured on the business side. He bought a lot of tools at auctions that he didn't add to his policy. He had to do a lot of talking and research for valuation but in the end he thought the insurance treated him pretty fair. Also found out he had $25,000 for clean up of the area. So he hired that part done.

I recently had a small wind turbine burn. It was hard to find a value because the size I had was not available any more. The reputation for wind turbines in our area is terrible and most aren't producing any more. I showed records of production for the last 7 years and came up with a depreciated value that my insurance adjuster agreed with but it took a couple of months of discussions and gathering all the supporting documentation.

Good luck on your insurance education. I hope tuition isn't too high.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)