AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did they use bale kickers (ejectors, throwers) in your area?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 3/3/2021 12:10 (#8870375 - in reply to #8870111)
Subject: RE: Did they use bale kickers (ejectors, throwers) in your area?

SW Ohio
You wanted a story so here is mine.
In 1969 Dad bought a brand new NH 273 with the belt thrower. All we had at that time for wagons was two 14 footish flats that we interchanged with gravity beds in the fall, and one JD 214 silage wagon. We used the silage wagon......ended up taking out the top beater and at some point I got assigned to ride the wagon and stack inside of it. We had a JD single chain bale conveyor that went into the hip roof barn and the silage wagon had a rear opening door so bales got unloaded onto the conveyor and across the top of barn was a diverter that kicked them off into the mow. Soon thereafter we got a second silage wagon. We would put three to five thousand bales in the hip roof and another two thousand or so into an old bank barn with ear corn elevator. I don't remember how many years we kept that up before we removed the kicker and went with flat racks either pulling behind baler or dropping on ground and hand picking up. Around 1973 we got a gooseneck trailer and I know we used that for picking up, Mitchco, ( who was 8) me, and Mom baled 4000 bales of straw in the summer of 1974 and dropped it all on the ground and used the trailer to haul to a barn where a crew of teenagers unloaded it, all in one week. Fast forward to 1984 and we got the stackliner and did almost 28,000 bales that summer due to having nothing to bale in 1983 due to drought.

Today I know of one guy that still uses kickers, he has a nice huge barn where he can park twenty or so kick wagons in lanes and unload them at leisure, not aware of anyone else still using kickers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)