AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

California energy crisis vs Texas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rkd843
Posted 3/3/2021 06:51 (#8869628 - in reply to #8869423)
Subject: RE: California energy crisis vs Texas

SC Sask
I really hope there is some sort of final report that comes out in a couple of years that is ......... um tainted ...... if it is bad decision making, we need to know. if it wasn't green energy's problem, please let us know. But this fabled report can't just blow smoke up our azz and throw someone under the bus just to make the windmills look good. People died, peoples houses were damaged.

So those offline plants, were they taken off line? or were they offline even before the sheep started to hit the fan? My guess is that they were offline before hand in order to meet green energy targets, and when everyone realized that they needed power they found out pretty quickly that you can't just flip a switch and get a coal fired power plant up to pressure and making power.

My guess is there is a lot of blame to go around, lack of planning, poor emergency response (on the grid control side, not the guys on the ground) for instance who thought it would be a good idea to roll a blackout out through the Pembia gas fields?? And finally probably hubris everyone thinks that have mother nature figured out and she will just smile at you, come up and give you a hug.......but then she sticks a knife in your ribs..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)