AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford 6.0 Powerstroke Engine Oil Additive Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD105404T
Posted 3/2/2021 20:50 (#8869052)
Subject: Ford 6.0 Powerstroke Engine Oil Additive Question

Hey Guys

We have a 2005 and 2006 Ford Pick-ups with the 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel Engine. We had to replace the High oil pressure pump in the 2005 Pick-up a couple of years ago. We have also replaced all the injectors in this Pick-up. I recently noticed it sounds like this pick-up will miss every once in awhile and idle rough, but you can take it out and drive it and might quit. When it is idling it sounds like the turbo might make some kind of air release noise every once in awhile, like air is blowing by something. I was pulling a trailer with it the other day and it acted like it had no power and the boost guage was showing it had 15 pounds of boost. I put some of Hot Shots Extreme Diesel Fuel additive in it yesterday and we will see if that helps it. We are getting ready to have the High oil pressure pump replaced in our 2006 Pick-up this spring, since it is having a lot of trouble starting. Both Pick-ups have over 200,000 miles on them. I was just curious if any of you have tried any of that Stiction Friction Reducer Engine oil additive? If so do you guys believe it was worth the money? What was the name and brand of the Engine oil additive you guys used?

Thank you,
JD105404T

Edited by JD105404T 3/2/2021 20:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)