AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH sprayer experts help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SDman
Posted 3/3/2021 20:21 (#8871228 - in reply to #8871168)
Subject: RE: Case IH sprayer experts help.

You'll never see 60 ohms with an active terminator in the system. It doesn't have a resistor in it like a passive terminator does. I would say its safe to say the 120 ohms shown is coming from the passive terminator on the engine harness.

The style of the passive terminator you have is more or less still used on new stuff today...they've generally been pretty reliable. The active terminator tended to give problems with age...that's why they replaced them on the older Magnums and Steigers.

However...there are still some places that need active terminators on older CNH stuff...Autoguidance systems being just one of them. We need them in older ISO11783 systems on tractors, older 1200 planter communications systems, and yield monitor Can Bus systems on older combines are some of the places that still need active terminators.

I'm still wondering about the health of the ICU on your sprayer. I still say if the CanBus itself was giving problems, the engine would just derate to an idle and not respond to throttle commands. With no CanBus communication, the engine will just idle and that's it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)